Advancement is the rule of world and lots of technology growing at the faster rate. The first version of Windows was Windows 1.0 with 16-bit operating system. Now we moved to Windows 10, but in the growth, we face lots of challenges and error. err_spdy_protocol_error is one of common error that occurs on Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1 operating system.
Lots of people are getting ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Windows 10, but they don’t know how to fix it. So here we came with a complete solution to this error. If your operating system is also getting an ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR error, then you can follow this guide.
Table Of Content
How To Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Windows 10/8.1/8
We can fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR error by modifying some changes in our Chrome browser setting. Follow below steps to fix this-
- Go to chrome://net-internals/#sockets (type this in your URL bar)
- You will get an option to “Flush Socket Pools” Click on that. (See image below)
- That’s it… Now close your browser and retry. You will not get err_spdy_protocol_error anymore.
- Go to setting of Google Chrome browser.
- Open Advance Setting Option.
- Find Privacy setting option and click on clear browsing data.
- Clear cookies and browser plugin data along with image cached files.
- Hit clear button…
You can directly move to clear browsing data by pressing Ctrl+H and select clear browsing data from the top.
- Go to your Antivirus setting.
- Click on Active Shield protection (for Avast users).
- Click on Customize for Web Shield Protection.
- Add each website separately to the URLs to exclude section.
Similarly, you can insert the sites URL’s in other Antivirus too.
In most of the cases, err_spdy_protocol_error can be fixed by following above method. In case you are still facing this error on your browser; comment below or contact your Antivirus support, team. But, I am 100% sure that this error can be fixed by clearing cookies, changing Antivirus setting and by Flushing socket pools.