Advancement is the rule of world and lots of technology growing at the faster rate. The first version of Windows was Windows 1.0 with 16-bit operating system. Now we moved to Windows 10, but in the growth, we face lots of challenges and error. err_spdy_protocol_error is one of common error that occurs on Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1 operating system.
Lots of people are getting ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Windows 10, but they don’t know how to fix it. So here we came with a complete solution to this error. If your operating system is also getting an ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR error, then you can follow this guide.
Table Of Content
This is the standard error that occurs on Chromium browsers. Typically, the error occurs because of some Antivirus system. Avast and AVG are the common reason for this error. Especially when using an SSL connection. It cannot be resolved on the user’s end. It’s up to website developers to prevent this issue from happening.
How To Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Windows 10/8.1/8
We can fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR error by modifying some changes in our Chrome browser setting. Follow below steps to fix this-
- Go to chrome://net-internals/#sockets (type this in your URL bar)
- You will get an option to “Flush Socket Pools” Click on that. (See image below)
- That’s it… Now close your browser and retry. You will not get err_spdy_protocol_error anymore.
- Go to setting of Google Chrome browser.
- Open Advance Setting Option.
- Find Privacy setting option and click on clear browsing data.
- Clear cookies and browser plugin data along with image cached files.
- Hit clear button…
You can directly move to clear browsing data by pressing Ctrl+H and select clear browsing data from the top.
- Go to your Antivirus setting.
- Click on Active Shield protection (for Avast users).
- Click on Customize for Web Shield Protection.
- Add each website separately to the URLs to exclude section.
Similarly, you can insert the sites URL’s in other Antivirus too.
In most of the cases, err_spdy_protocol_error can be fixed by following above method. In case you are still facing this error on your browser; comment below or contact your Antivirus support, team. But, I am 100% sure that this error can be fixed by clearing cookies, changing Antivirus setting and by Flushing socket pools.